Saturday, November 15, 2008

Last night our daughter Rachel celebrated her 14th birthday early with 5 of her friends by having a sleepover. I had to work Wendsday and Thursday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and on friday 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. so needless to say I had to throw the party together. I made the kids hot dogs and mac and cheese..

And lame cupcakes..




At 7:55 the girls went into the backyard to watch the night launch of the shuttle Endeavour. We can see it perfectly from our backyard. This picture does not do it justice.


The girls had a blast. Thankfully they stayed out in front of our house most of the night with a few of their friends who happen to be boys. When they did come in they were quiet and respectful. In the morning I made them a breakfast of eggs, bacon and pancakes. By noon they were all gone but one. They are a great group of teenage girls and I am proud to call one of them my daughter.






4 comments:

Natalia said...

Um...can I have a lame cupcake?

lol

Thanks for stopping by. I need to see St. Augustine but I'm thinking July at this point. I need to follow the warmth, lol. We'll be checking out Sarasota this time around. Off to check out your blog :)

Natalia said...

Was this your first post? Or is the rest private. I'm such a newbie that I have no idea, lol. If it is then welcome to the blogosphere!!! :)

Natalia said...

Small world!


Happy Birthday to your kiddo! Can't believe mine had her sweet 16 this year.

Amy said...

Aw yay you finally jumped in and started blogging!!!