Thursday, December 25, 2008

So another Christmas is behind us. Hope everyone had a good one. We did but sure wish we could have spent it with our family that lives out of state. Monday and Tuesday I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off and by the end of the night I had everything done and ready to be delivered to co-workers, friends and family. *click on pics to enlarge*


At christmas not only do we celebrate the birth of Jesus but also the birth of our beautiful daughter. She turned 19 on christmas eve. Yes, 19 years ago on christmas eve I was in the hospital giving birth to her. It was one of the coldest days on record in Central Florida. It is such a rip off to be born around christmas. It was hard to have birthday parties for her at this time because everyone was so busy or out of town or had family in town. She had parties before where only two kids showed up. Also she gets all her presents for the year at one time and alot of times her gifts would be wrapped in christmas paper!


On christmas eve we went to our friends house for a party. There was food galore and beautiful decorations. Can you believe the party was held outdoors in their gigantic screened in room? It was 75 degrees outside!



Christmas morning we woke up around 8:30 and the girls unwrapped their gifts. As you can see they had a helper. Actually our 6 month old cat was really annoying the girls. She kept grabbing at the presents they were opening and then once they got the paper off she would attack it and bat it all around the living room. She also had to jump in and out of all the boxes.



Later in the day we went to my parents house for dinner. Here is my dad carving the spiral ham. We also had all of the other traditional dishes: sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, pineapple souffle, rice and broccolli casserole and rolls.


My hubby is leaving tomorrow to go visit his mother, father, and brother in North Carolina. I really wish I could go but I have to work and want to save my vacation days for the summer. He is excited to see his family but I will miss him :-( I have to work today until one but as soon as I get home I will take down all my christmas decorations. I am one of those people that the day after christmas I cannot stand to look at the stuff one more day!


Gini


1 comment:

Shell in your Pocket said...

What great holiday pictures!

Happy New Year!
-sandy toes