Friday, March 13, 2009

Hutch project

For the longest time I have wanted to paint this hutch. This is just the bottom of it. It is made of pine and given to me by a friend who was moving. She had painted a clear stain over it and it looked very country which is not the decor of my home. I finally decided to do something about it. Here is the before minus the drawers.

Here it is all sanded and ready to be painted.


Here is the finished product. I chose a dark gray, light black color because I did not want it to be a deep dark black. The lighting in this picture does not do the hutch justice. It looks better in person. I think I am going to put glass knobs on it. I am still debating wether or not I want to do the top of the hutch as well or just find a large picture to go over it.

We are going to pick out tile tonight so my husband can put that down in the bathroom this weekend. I cannot wait for it to be done. Four people using one bathroom is not a good thing!
Gini


No comments: